If you are someone that hasn’t been to the dentist in awhile, you may be looking at everything that you can do to make sure that things go well. But did you know that there is a lot of information out there about oral health? A dentist can probably tell you a lot about all of the information that is out there about oral health here are some fun facts for you to think about.
· Getting a dental cleaning vero beach fl every six months makes a huge difference when it comes to overall health and wellness.
· Did you know that the average human, throughout their lifetime, produces enough spit to fill two pools?
· In Medieval Germany, the only known cure for a toothache was kissing a donkey. Aren’t you glad we’ve gotten past that?
· The stone-faced farmer in Grant Wood’s “American Gothic” is actually based on Wood’s dentist.
· A Kansas City, MO dental practice is working to eliminate the negative stigma of “going to the dentist” by making it more like a spa experience.
· On average, each person in the United States buys 18 yards of dental floss.
· The top surface of your teeth is known as your enamel. Did you know that it’s the hardest part of your whole body?
· You’ve probably heard of forensic scientists going to the teeth if fingerprints are aren’t available- that’s because your teeth are actually as unique as your fingerprints.
· An average person spends 38.5 days brushing their teeth over their lifetime.
These facts are just some of the fascinating things that you can learn about dentistry. It really is an interesting field and it doesn’t have to be as stressful as many people assume it is. Get the help you need and make sure that you see a dentist on a regular basis as well.